Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Welcome Spring!

I love spring. It's almost like emerging from hibernation. I am referring to the hibernation of winter, staying in, not wanting to get out too much because of the cold etc. The only drawback to spring in NC is that my kids have horrible pollen allergies and it is wreaking havoc on them. However, the leaves begin to change colors, we get more daylight and the sun shine is beautiful, making for great photo opportunities. On top of that...business expansion!

I am really excited about the opportunities that become available for my Heritage Makers business in the spring. There are some great events scheduled for this spring and summer and I have the opportunity to meet some really amazing people. I do hope that you will keep up with the event schedule. There's a crop for the cure coming up at the end of this month. Keep your eyes open for those details!

So what's been going on? I know you think I gave up on the early riser thing. I didn't. I have kept it up, most days in fact, but it has had it's challenges. Mostly because I have had to get up to go to work and not for the reasons I originally set out to accomplish by the challenge. Nonetheless, I am getting up earlier.


I am also excited to say, that I am officially a chamber member!! This has been something I have considered for a while. If you live in an area where you have an active chamber, it can be a great thing for your business. However, if you join the chamber expecting that your business will grow because you are in the directory, and you don't attend any events or get involved, you will be disappointed. That was the biggest obstacle for me was making sure I could find the time to attend events. Juggling a full time J-O-B, a family, kid's events etc. Let's just say you don't want to add too much to your plate. At any rate, I am excited and look forward to meeting more fabulous people in my community!

Great news! The Waiting Child Project is moving forward! I am not sure if I have mentioned it here or not, but this is project that has been a passion of mine for a while now. Basically, it involves helping to put one of our Heritage Makers books into hand and heart of a children in foster care. I heard recently that when you put a child's face (picture) on something in your home, it increases their confidence. Wow...our books can make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment