Thursday, October 8, 2009

Celebrating Harvest

We usually don't celebrate Halloween, but we always celebrate harvest by going to a local farm. We always have a good time. We will still do that this year, but I also decided the Memory Keeper Coach could do a fun project with local kids this harvest season.

I will be hosting a Cutest Costume Contest at a local drop in child care facility in conjunction with their harvest party. Parents can bring their children in with their costumes and have a photo taken and the winner will receive a their picture on a poster made to look like a magazine cover to hang in their rooms. I also spoke with my son's preschool director and we are going to try to do something very similar there.

I am so excited! I think it will be a lot of fun and I'm sure the children will have a great time. How do you celebrate harvest? Do you go door to door trick or treating like the good old days? Do you carve pumpkins? or Do you turn off all the lights and pretend you're not home? What memories do you create this time of year with your family?

Sincerely,
Yolanda Ventura~The Memory Keeper's Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment