Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Beyond Happy



It's beyond happy Wednesday and as I sat down to write down 5 things I am grateful for today, I struggled a little bit. Typically, you want to think of the really "big" things that have happened in the past few days but much like a lot of people these days, there have been quite a few struggles. When it's raining it's very easy to get caught up in the downpour which I have been guilty of, rather than making the best of it and moving on. So the first thing on my list, is mercy.

1. I am grateful for mercy. I heard someone's testimony on Sunday morning, a real Job story. I quite a few things were reinforced for me that morning but the one I am practicing on this week is being content in my circumstances. I am happy that when I do have a bad day that tomorrow is a new day and another chance to get it right.

2. I am grateful for motherhood. OMG, I have learned so much about myself since I became a mother. It's amazing how it changes your life, your priorities, your goals. Sure there are challenges, but there is great joy!

3. I am grateful for Heritage Makers. There are so many wonderful things about this company, I can't begin to name them all. This year I celebrated the 9th anniversary of my 29th birthday and I just figured out what I want to be when I grow up. Starting my business as a Heritage Maker has been the best experience, the most rewarding and I am thankful to be a part of it.

4. I am grateful for support. Not everyone has a good support system, so this is something to be thankful about. I am thankful for my friends and family who have been a great source of support and encouragement over the years. I am grateful for my "success line" (some companies use downline). Bringing new "blood" into your business is great for a power injection. They keep me motivated, challenged with new ideas and focused on my vision. I am also grateful for my "power line" or up line for the same reason. These are people who have achieved the goals I am working toward and serve as great models and mentors. And finally, my networking groups. Coffee and Contacts has been a great source of encouragement, support and business building.

5. Finally, I am grateful for fall. I love fall. It's my favorite season. The leaves are starting to change. The weather is cooling off. People are starting to think about the holidays, and I love the holiday season! Best of all, I live in a place where I can experience all of the seasons. Some parts of the country don't have that luxury. It's either sunny all the time or cold all the time, but here (although some seasons are shorter than others) I get a taste of all of them.

Don't always be caught up in only recording the memories of the big events in your life. Take time to "smell the roses." What are you grateful for? Record the everyday blessings in your life.

Sincerely,
Yolanda~The Memory Keeper's Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment