Thursday, September 3, 2009

Memory Keeper's Coach Takes A Stand

One of the best things about what I do is being able to help other people preserve their heritage. I reached out to the Alzheimer's Association and got an appointment to speak to them about how I can contribute my services. While I have never had anyone close to me suffer from this, I did watch the Notebook. It's my favorite movie. If you haven't seen it you should rent it. It gives you a glimpse into how loved ones are affected when a family member has Alzheimers (just a glimpse). Since then it's been heavy on my heart. Then yesterday I read a book entitle, My Last Conversation With Mom. It was about a woman's journey in being the primary caregiver of her mother, who was suffering from Alzheimers.

Needless to say, I was moved and I was confirmed. I called the Alzheimers Association and I am meeting with them next week. There are so many reasons as to why you need to preserve your family stories. Everyone should be doing this! Is there someone in your family who's story needs to be told?

Sincerely,
Yolanda~The Memory Keeper's Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment